Introduction to Health & Social Care
This course is for learners who wish to progress to the Level 1 Health and Social Care course. It is recommended that you attend this course before enrolling for the L1 qualification course (below).
This 1 hour introductory course will include topics such as:
- Roles and responsibilities in a health and social care setting
- Job opportunities in health and social care
- Be able to plan how to start work within health and social care
- The skills and qualifications needed for jobs in health and social care
|New dates to be announced||TBA||Online||REGISTER HERE||Closed|
Preparing to Work in Health & Social Care Level 1
This Accredited course will cover:
• Know what health care and social care is available for individuals
• Job opportunities in health and social care
• How health is affected by different factors
• Understanding that individuals have different needs
• Be able to plan how to start work within health and social care
• The skills and qualifications needed for jobs in health and social care
It is recommended that you attend the Introduction to Health & Social Care course (above) before enrolling for this course.
Qualification upon completion
Level 1 Award in Preparing to Work in Health and Social Care
|8th February-14th March 2024||10.00-12.00||Online||REGISTER HERE||1st February 2024|
To attend this course and complete the coursework, you need access to a good internet connection and a laptop, computer or tablet device. If you do not have a suitable device, please speak to an IAG advisor or your tutor about the Laptop Loan Scheme.
t: Jackie – 0755 7863 654
These courses are free for those who meet all the following funding requirements:
– you live in a London /Greater London Borough*
– you are not in full time education
– you have not achieved this qualification before
– you are aged 19 or older on 31st August 2023
-Have permission to live in the UK for at least 12 months from the first day of learning
If you don’t have permission to live in the UK for 12 months from the first day of learning there are exemptions which can be discussed with the IAG advisor that will contact you.
*There are occasions when funding is available for learners who don’t live in a London borough. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if this applies to you.