This is an exciting opportunity to upgrade your Teaching Assistant skills and knowledge and achieve a recognised City and Guilds Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools diploma. This course has been specially designed for people who want to become teaching, learning support or SEN assistants and if you are serious about developing your skills to progress to the next stage of your career, this could be what you’re looking for.
You are a Teaching Assistant employee or volunteer in a part or full-time role and are ready to move to the next level. You are committed to your professional development and are keen to progress in your career.
- Develop your confidence and communication skills within a professional education setting
- Flexible study programme
- 121 support available throughout the duration of the course
- Gain a recognised City and Guilds Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 3 diploma
The course will cover a wide range of skills, such as:
- Schools as organisations
- Supporting learning activities
- Promoting children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Developing professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Supporting assessment for learning
- Engaging in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Supporting children and young people’s safeguarding and health and safety
- Understanding child and young person development
How: There will be monthly online workshops and self-directed activities that you will need to complete, with support available throughout the course.
New dates to be announced
Venue: Online via Google Classroom (you must have access to internet, laptop/PC/phone)
Qualification upon completion: An accredited Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care (Health & Social Care).
N.B Prior to enrolment you will need to undertake an initial assessment in English and achieve either a Level 1 or Level 2 result. You must also be able to complete self-study exercises between classroom assignments.
To check your eligibility for this course REGISTER HERE
An Advisor will then contact you to discuss the programme in more detail.
t: 020 8871 8055
Registration deadline: Closed
This course is FREE for those who meet all the following funding requirements:
– you have lived in the UK or EU for at least the last three years or you are a family members of a UK/EEA national and fulfil certain requirements (discussed at your assessment)
– you live in a London /Greater London Borough
– you are not in full time education
– you have not achieved this qualification before
– you are aged 19 or older on 31st August 2023
– have permission to live in the UK for at least 12 months from the first day of learning
– have not achieved a full level 3 qualification, or above unless it was ONE short L3 from the L3 short qualification list
All Ukrainian adults and their family members supported through the Ukraine Family Scheme and Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme are immediately eligible for FE 19+ funding and are exempt from the 3-year residency requirement as per the current AEB funding rules.