Understanding Nutrition and Health Level 2
In a world where our lives seem to become increasingly busier with more demands on our time, understanding the principles of healthy eating and the role of food in maintaining health is more important than ever. And if you aspire to or already work in the areas of sport, recreation, fitness, hospitality or healthcare then this qualification is a must for your professional growth.
Planning and achieving a healthy diet, essential for optimum physical and mental health, is a now a vital life skill that will increase energy, bring more balance to your life and also help to prevent serious diseases later in life.
- How an individual’s dietary requirements change throughout their life
- Understanding food labelling and the ability to use information from food labels
- Eating disorders
- The role of a healthy diet for weight management
- Understanding the principles of food safety in a home environment
What You Need to Know
Qualification on Completion: Level 2 Certificate Understanding Nutrition and Health
Prior to enrolment you will need to undertake an online assessment in English and achieve a minimum result of Level 1 before you can join the course.
To complete a course successfully and achieve the associated qualification, you are required to complete weekly self-study exercises or assignments between lessons.
|10th January-20th March 2023||10.00-12.00||Online via Google Classroom||REGISTER HERE||4th January 2024|
t: 020 8871 8055
These courses are free for those who meet all the following funding requirements:
– you live in a London /Greater London Borough*
– you are not in full time education
– you have not achieved this qualification before
– you are aged 19 or older on 31st August 2023
-Have permission to live in the UK for at least 12 months from the first day of learning
If you don’t have permission to live in the UK for 12 months from the first day of learning there are exemptions which can be discussed with the IAG advisor that will contact you.
*There are occasions when funding is available for learners who don’t live in a London borough. Email email@example.com to find out if this applies to you.