Youth work is a rewarding and fulfilling career that offers the opportunity to positively impact the lives of young people by becoming a role model and mentor to young people, helping them to develop the skills, confidence, and resilience they need to succeed in life.
A career in youth work is a great choice for those who are passionate about helping young people to achieve their full potential. With a range of roles and settings available and the chance to make a real difference, youth work is a popular and rewarding career choice.
Introduction to Becoming a Youth Worker
This short course will cover:
- The challenges that young people encounter
- The role of youth work in addressing these issues
- The legislation and policies that govern working with young people
- The different forms of youth work available
- Why professional conduct among staff is critical to ensure the safety of both individuals and groups
Date: New dates to be announced
Venue: Online via Google Classroom (you need access to a good internet connection and a laptop, computer or tablet device)
To register for this or a future course- REGISTER HERE
Registration deadline: Closed
t: 0208 8718055
The course is free for those who meet all the following funding requirements :
– you have lived in the UK or EU for at least the last three years or you are a family members of a UK/EEA national and fulfil certain requirements (discussed at your assessment)
– you live in a London /Greater London Borough*
– you are not in full time education
– you have not achieved this qualification before
– you are aged 19 or older on 31st August 2023
-Have permission to live in the UK for at least 12 months from the first day of learning
All Ukrainian adults and their family members supported through the Ukraine Family Scheme and Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme are immediately eligible for FE 19+ funding and are exempt from the 3-year residency requirement as per the current AEB funding rules.
*There are occasions when funding is available for learners who don’t live in a London borough. Email email@example.com to find out if this applies to you.