At Wandsworth Council Lifelong Learning, we acknowledge that women are often confronted with unique challenges. Our Personal Growth and Wellbeing Accredited Programme, is tailored explicitly for women to develop confidence and resilience when returning to the workforce following a career break, considering a career transition or setting out on their professional journey in the UK.
If this applies to you, you will find this immensely valuable. You will achieve an accredited award and the highly focused, interactive and practical programme will support the development of your knowledge, understanding and confidence in how you can take control of your life, develop your personal resilience and mould your future into the shape you want.
- Enhance your understanding of resilience and the factors that help you become more resilient
- Identify how to develop skills to increase your confidence and competence in dealing with difficult and challenging situations
- Understand the impact of personal resilience on health and well-being
- Appreciate the importance of having a progression plan to maintain your personal growth and well-being
- Enjoy support as you identify your skills, abilities and interests and consider what you might like to do in the future
- Compile your individual progression plan that clearly highlights the actions and tasks you need to complete to achieve your goals
Qualification on Successful Completion: L1 Award in Personal Growth and Wellbeing
The programme comprises a short introductory workshop and the full accredited 5 week course. You do not have to attend the introduction to join the accredited course, but it is recommended.
Introduction to BREW
This short course will guide you towards personal growth and unlocking your full potential. It provides a comprehensive overview of what BREW is all about and the transformative impact it can have on your life. Through an engaging and interactive learning experience, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of the importance of resilience and empowerment.
The course will cover:
- The extent of the full course
- The importance of Resilience
- What is Empowerment?
- How to set short and long term goals
|18th December 2023||13.00-15.00||Online via Google Classroom||REGISTER HERE||14th December 2023|
BREW – L1 Award in Personal Growth and Wellbeing
|9th January-6th February 2024||09.30-11.30||Online via Google Classroom||REGISTER HERE||4th January 2024|
You need access to a good internet connection and a laptop, computer or tablet device to attend these courses. If you do not have a suitable device, please speak to an IAG advisor or your tutor about the Laptop Loan Scheme.
N.B Prior to enrolment for the accredited course, you will need to undertake an initial assessment in English. This assessment is set by an administrator and completed remotely in advance of the start date.
t: 0208 8718055
The course is free for those who meet all the following funding requirements :
– you have lived in the UK or EU for at least the last three years or you are a family members of a UK/EEA national and fulfil certain requirements (discussed at your assessment)
– you live in a London /Greater London Borough*
– you are not in full time education
– you have not achieved this qualification before
– you are aged 19 or older on 31st August 2023
-Have permission to live in the UK for at least 12 months from the first day of learning
All Ukrainian adults and their family members supported through the Ukraine Family Scheme and Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme are immediately eligible for FE 19+ funding and are exempt from the 3-year residency requirement as per the current AEB funding rules.
*There are occasions when funding is available for learners who don’t live in a London borough. Email email@example.com to find out if this applies to you.