Introduction to Accountancy
Are you interested in learning more about Accountancy?
This short evening course will provide you with an introduction and insight into the field of Accounting and Finance. It assumes no prior knowledge and will give you an opportunity to explore a broad range of topical matters in the profession by developing an awareness and understanding of;
• What is Accounting and its purpose?
• Types of Accounting specialisms?
• Typical Financial Accounting Statements?
• Users of Accounting Statements
• Simple ways to interpret accounts
• Key Accounting Terminologies
• Nature and behaviour of costs and incomes
• Sources of Finance & Cashflow
• External and Internal Auditing
• Personal Behaviour and Ethics
• Professional Accountancy Bodies, roles and career paths
New dates coming soon!
Venue: Online via Google Classroom/Meet ( Internet access required)
Registration Deadline: Closed
Level 1 Award in Accountancy
This eight week evening programme will expand on the some of the subjects covered in our introduction to Accountancy course and also some new topics such as:
- Understanding the different roles and responsibilities within accounting
- Learning how to produce business documents
- Understanding the advantages of different IT programmes which support accounting
- The terminology used in accounting
- How to apply basic mathematics in a financial context
This is an accredited course and you will be certificated upon passing an exam at the end of the course.
Eligibility & Initial Assessments
To be eligible for the course you must achieve the following initial assessment results:
Achieve Entry 3 or Level 1 in your initial assessments
New dates coming soon!
VENUE: Online via Google Classroom
To register your interest for future courses – REGISTER HERE
Alternatively you can contact Dustine on:
t: 079 1939 2254
Registration deadline: Closed
These courses are FREE providing you meet the all of the following funding requirements :
– you have lived in the UK or EU for at least the last three years or you are a family members of a UK/EEA national and fulfil certain requirements (discussed at your assessment)
– you live in a London /Greater London Borough
– you are not in full time education
– you have not achieved this qualification before
– you are aged 19 or older on 31st August 2021