Developing your Training and Mentoring Skills
This *free 9-week course will help those who are currently in or would like to progress into a role that involves supporting others to learn. It will help you gain knowledge and skills of how to deliver effectively using different platforms including online, face to face, 121 and group settings. This course will also cover how to deliver learning using different platforms including online and face to face.
This course will help you:
– Develop lesson planning and organisational skills required for online and classroom sessions
– Recognise the differences between training face to face and online
– Identify the problems with training online and how these challenges can be overcome
– How to create a safe and engaging learning environment
– Recognise a range of issues e.g. language barriers that may affect people’s ability to learn and strategies to support addressing them
– Identify how to plan to deliver digital skills training to learners
– Understand the differences between facilitating learning to individuals and groups
– Effective mentoring skills
This course is a great opportunity to meet others in similar roles and share best practice alongside developing your own delivery skills. Upon completion of all activities and assessments learners will gain a Level 2 Award in Learning Support.
This course is suitable for anyone that is currently delivering sessions, volunteering or would like to progress into a learning support role.
10 x 2 hour sessions
Starting 19th July 2021 – 27th September 2021
Time: 9.30am – 11.30am
Venue: Online via Google Classroom/Meet ( Internet access required)
Registration deadline: 13th July 2021
These courses are FREE providing you meet the all of the following funding requirements :
– you have lived in UK or EU for at least three years
– you are a London/Greater London Borough resident
– not taking part in any other government programme (i.e. apprenticeship, etc.)
– have not achieved this qualification before
– aged 19 or older on 31st August 2020