Are you volunteering or working part-time in a school as a Teaching Assistant? Would you like to develop your confidence and communication skills within a professional education setting? Then, this is an ideal opportunity for you to upgrade your Teaching Assistant skills and knowledge by taking part in a programme where you can achieve a Level 2 Certificate in Support Teaching and Learning in Schools.
This course has been specially designed to train people who want to become teaching, learning support or SEN assistants. Timetabled sessions include:
- Child and Young Person Development
- Communication and Professional Relationships with Children, Young People and Adults
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Work with Children and Young People
- Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young People
- Schools as Organisations
- Work or volunteer in a school
- Be able to attend and participate in all the Google classroom sessions and undertake workplace assessments
- Have access to a computer or laptop with webcam and mic and have a good internet connection
This is a blended learning programme over 10 months which will involve a combination of online tutorials and workplace assessments, comprising 10 online 3-hour sessions with 5 x 2-hour onsite visits.
Achievement of this level 2 certificate will go towards entry to a Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship, as the next stage of your development.
There will be an online induction morning to discuss the course in more detail on the 21st of July, so register your interest now by completing the registration form, here, by the 16th of July.